Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time to Get a Blog!

For one of the following reasons I decided to start a blog tonight:
  • Every other married couple is blogging so we either give in to the peer pressure or fall behind...
  • I'm running out of inexpensive things to entertain myself with when I need a "Mommy Break"
  • Facebook is no longer satisfying my stalker craving and I've subcumbed to a low level
  • I'm on a creative streak tonight
It could be all of the above. Whatever the reason I thought it might be fun. I'm going to assume everyone that will be reading this knows Steve and I already but because it feels right any way I'm going to make this an introductory blog. So if you're bored, just skip it:)

Steve and I have been married for 3 years-super close to 4 years! We're super happy and Steve is going to be starting Nursing school in 1 week. This is great because the nursing school at RCTC is surprisingly difficult to get into. Everyone needs to have all of their generals completed in order to qualify to get in to nursing school. So even though Steve has recieved an Associates degree it will be like starting from scratch with four years to go until a bachelors. Mayo hires out of it and Steve will be starting clinicals at Mayo 7 weeks after school starts. The nurses coming out of this program test the second-highest in the country on the post-nursing school test! The highest is a four-year University. Steve is excited and has started reading the nursing books already.

I'm looking for a job to support the family while Steve attends nursing school--they told them it would be impossible to hold a full-time job during nursing school so I need to work full-time to supply health insurance to the family. I'm really hoping to use this opportunity to gain experience in the Business degree I recieved this past year! Jobs are hard to come by now, as I've found though, so it might be a while!

Leah is 2 1/2 now! I need to add the "1/2" every time as if I'm 7 years old again because being barely two is so differently from being almost three. She has grown up so much this year! She tries to play mommy to Joseph. Whenever Joseph is getting into something he doesn't belong in and I say "no-no Joseph" Leah goes over and stops him and takes care of it. I'm never sure whether to stop her or encourage her... But she is great at wanting to do everything mommy does. She helps me with dishes, and laundry and sweeping...if only it stuck around through her teenage years! I took this picture of Leah about a week and a half ago. We had spent the morning being girly-girls (which she has proven herself to be!) having makeovers and painting toe nails! She loved it. And we curled her hair for the first time ever. It was so much fun!

Joseph is 15 months--3 months away from nursery and I can't wait! He is past walking and on to climbing! He gets onto the table faster than you can turn around and has learned to push chairs from the table to the counter to have access to the treasures in store there as well! This age drives me up the wall! But it is so cute at the same time. He got into a container of Yogurt Leah had been eating at the table, dumped it on the chair and began to play with it today:) Also, he was "blowing" on his hot food for the first time today too! I was trying to get Joseph to sit against this blanket in his crib as a back drop for this picture for Nana's Christmas present--but all he wanted to do was grab the camera! It was definitely a game!

That's our family right now. If you managed to read all of that I commend you and thank you! Here's a family picture we took just the Sunday before Christmas. Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. Blogs are a great way to journal as well!!!! good job caving in... it will be totally worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so pumped that you have a blog! It's way cute! Is stalking a family member illegal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I'm happy that you have a blog now! You make me smile Caroline! and your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You've joined the blogging world. :) I love the pics.

    ReplyDelete